Zurich University of Applied Sciences and ArtsZurich, Wädenswil, Winterthur
The Zürcher Fachhochschule (ZFH) is composed of three public institutes of higher education: the Zurich University of Applied Sciences (ZHAW), the Zurich University of the Arts (ZHdK) and the Zurich University of Teacher Education (PHZH), as well as the private institute: the Zurich University of Applied Sciences in Business Administration (HWZ).
The fields of research have an important status within the universities of the Zürcher Fachhochschule (ZFH). Often working with business partners and with public institutions, they develop solutions for current and future challenges.
The ZFH is especially committed to building up personnel and material resources in certain individual research fields, in order to cultivate these fields as centres of expertise. These include diploma and further education courses, which are closely linked to practically-oriented research and development, as well as to a range of services that are tailored to suit the needs of the surrounding area.
As one of the largest institution of higher education in Switzerland, ZFH offers a unique range of vocational courses on a full- or part-time basis. All degrees are scientifically-based and practice-oriented and take the latest scientific findings and practical applications into account so that you can fulfil challenging roles in different areas. Transparent admission criteria, modest tuition fees and a strong international network complete the successful profile.
You will not only benefit from the experienced lecturers, but also from the knowledge of your fellow students. This exchange with your fellow students is both a personal as well as a professional enrichment. The central locations in the heart of Zurich and Winterthur save you unnecessary travelling time and increase your flexibility.
- Art Education
- Business Administration
- Civil Engineering
- Facility Management
- Fine Arts
- Health Professions
- Information Management
- Life Sciences
- Applied Linguistics
- Management and Law
- Applied Psychology
- Social Work
- Divers and unique range of degree programmes and continuing education
- Scientifically-based and practice-oriented study courses
- Internationally recognized university degree
- Excellent infrastructure
- Interdisciplinary research on a wide spectrum of topics
- Involvement in various national and international networks
- The universities foster a personal and welcoming atmosphere
- Lively campuses at the university’s locations with cultural opportunities, a broad range of sports, many student activities and advisory services.
RESEARCH + TEACHING AREAS
- Arts, Design
- Computer Science
- Economics, Political Science
- Engineering and Architecture, Agricultural and Forest Sciences
- Language Sciences, Literature, Communication Sciences
- Law, Criminology
- Mathematics and Natural Sciences
- Medicine, Pharmacy and Health
- Social Sciences, Social Work
- Teacher Education, Special Pedagogy, Educational Science, Subject-specific Didactics
- Number of Bachelor programmes: 50
- Number of Master programmes: 39
- Number of PhD programmes: 16 (in collaboration with universities)
- Number of programmes in continuing education: 525