University of Geneva, Institute of Teacher EducationGeneva
The University Institute of Teacher Education benefits from a privileged collaboration with the various faculties of the University of Geneva (Humanities, Sciences, Economics and Management, Social Sciences, Law, Psychology and Educational Sciences). Established in 2009, the interfaculty structure offers within the same institute all of the training programs to become a teacher or a school administrator. Since 2009, the University Institute of Teacher Education fulfills a public policy and political mandate ordered by the Grand Council of Geneva. Aiming to provide a high quality training, directly related with academic research, the IUFE’s primary goal is to promote the best conditions to achieve a consistent vision and practice of the teaching profession.
The University Institute of Teacher Education combines four different Teacher programs specialized in:
- Pre-primary and primary school levels: “Teaching certificate in Pre-primary and Primary Education”
- Secondary level I and level II: “Master of Arts in Secondary Education”; “Bi-disciplinary Master of Arts in Secondary Education”
- Special needs education teaching: “Master of Science in Special needs Education Teaching”
- Administration and management of educational establishments: “Certificate of Advanced Studies (CAS) in Administration and Management of educational establishments”; “Diploma of Advanced Studies (DAS) in Administration and Management of educational establishments”; “Master of Advanced Studies (MAS) in Administration of educational establishments and Education policies”.
Furthermore, the Institute is strongly committed in the continuing education offered to the teachers in Geneva.
RESEARCH + TEACHING AREAS
- Teacher Education, Special Pedagogy, Educational Science, Subject-specific Didactics
– Pre-primary and primary levels
– Secondary level I
– Secondary level II / Vocational education and training
– Special needs education
- Number of Bachelor programmes: 1 (offered by the Faculty of Psychology and Educational sciences of the University of Geneva)
- Number of Master programmes: 5
- Number of PhD programmes: 1 (offered by the Faculty of Psychology and Educational sciences of the University of Geneva)
- Number of programmes in continuing education: 5