HES-SO University of Applied Sciences and Arts Western SwitzerlandDelémont, Fribourg, Geneva, Lausanne, Neuchâtel, Sierre, Sion, Yverdon-les-Bains
HES-SO University of Applied Sciences and Arts Western Switzerland is a large network of schools located in French-speaking Switzerland. With more than 21’000 students, it is the largest University of Applied Sciences and Arts in Switzerland. Bachelor’s and Master’s degrees are taught in six faculties: Art & Design, Business, Management and Services, Engineering and Architecture, Music and the Performing Arts, Health Sciences and Social Work. So there are plenty of options! Our teaching is based on practical experience and is geared towards preparing students to enter the world of work.
Comprehensive training with a Bachelor’s degree
Professional training: that’s the primary focus for courses given by UAS institutions. Starting from the Bachelor’s level, students have access to the world of work, and acquire the key skills that they will be able to apply in their future positions. Company internships are part of our courses. Classes are taught in French and/or German, and some courses are taught in English. Students can choose to study part time or full time, or even opt for a sandwich course.
At the HES-SO, you may follow your studies by a Master degree in your fields of study. HES-SO also offers a range of continuing education programmes (MAS, EMBA, DAS and CAS).
Applied research focused on innovation
Applied research and development is integral to HES-SO’s missions. Each school has ties with institutes, laboratories or research units that carry out innovative projects with a variety of partners on regional, national and international levels. The results of that research are channelled back into the study programmes, and provide cutting-edge learning for the students.
- Career-focused training developed with economical, industrial, artistic and sociomedical players
- Small class sizes to encourage dialogue between students and teaching staff
- Bilingual training, or training in another foreign language
- Part time courses that fit in with working hours
- Teaching related to our fields of applied research
- A large diversity in the programmes within the six fields of study that range from the arts to healthcare, engineering, business and management as well as social work
Research + Teaching Areas
- Arts, Design
- Computer Science
- Economics, Political Science
- Engineering and Architecture, Agricultural and Forest Sciences
- Historical and Cultural Sciences
- Law, Criminology
- Medicine, Pharmacy and Health
- Social Sciences, Social Work
- Number of Bachelor programmes: 47
- Number of Master programmes: 23
- Number of programmes in continuing education: 255
At a glance
FOUNDED IN 1998
27% INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS
500 CHF TUITION FEES/SEMESTER FOR INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS (2019/20)
95.2% OF BACHELOR'S GRADUATES FIND A JOB IN LESS THAN 1 YEAR